In addition to a willingness to be a vessel of the Holy Spirit in the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, the following are required:
Two lay leaders who:
- Are survivors of abuse and are well along their road of recovery and healing
- Have a holy desire to minister to other survivors
- Have a relationship with Jesus Christ
- Are familiar with the mission of MGN and will abide by the Network's Guiding Principles
- Are familiar with the structure of monthly meetings and are willing to follow the Ground Rules of MGN meetings
A spiritual advisor who is
- A priest or clergy with a desire to support the mission of MGN
- Able to establish MGN is his parish
- NOT required to attend monthly meetings but able to keep the group in his prayers
A meeting place that is:
- Quiet and safe for survivors to gather for monthly meetings
This structure is what we have found to be essential to create the best environment in which God's healing graces can be welcomed into a survivor's life and which help support a survivor in his/her road to healing and forgiveness.
Please contact Miguel Prats, Deborah Rodriguez or Fr Gavin Vaverek with questions or if other circumstances or adjustments must be made. We are extremely grateful that you have expressed an interest in starting a chapter and want to be support you in any way we can.